Soma tablets, is indicated for the relief of discomfort associated with acute, painful musculoskeletal conditions in adults. Soma tablets, should only be used for short periods up to two or three weeks because adequate evidence of effectiveness for more prolonged use has not been established and because acute, painful musculoskeletal conditions are generally of short duration.
Learn about the prescription medication Soma. Soma tablets is contraindicated in patients with a history of acute intermittent porphyria or a hypersensitivity reaction to a carbamate such as meprobamate. Tolerance is when a patient's reaction to a specific dosage and concentration is progressively reduced in the absence of disease progression, requiring an increase in the dosage to maintain the same. Physical dependence is characterized by withdrawal symptoms after abrupt discontinuation or a significant dose reduction of a drug. Both tolerance and physical dependence have been reported with the prolonged use of carisoprodol. Reported withdrawal symptoms with carisoprodol include insomnia, vomiting, abdominal cramps, headache, tremors, muscle twitching, anxiety, ataxia, hallucinations, and psychosis.
The recommended dose of Soma tablets, is 250 mg to 350 mg three times a day and at bedtime. The recommended maximum duration of Soma tablets, use is up to two or three weeks.
Soma (Carisoprodol) used for treatment:
- Diseases of the musculoskeletal system, accompanied by cramps and severe pain
- Muscle damage
- Severe pain
In combination with other pain medications, this drug can be used for pain syndrome to increase sedative, relaxing effect. The drug reduces anxiety and causes drowsiness.
Soma Way of use and dosage
Before using Soma (Carisoprodol) you should consult a healthcare professional who has had experience of this drug. Because of high pharmacological activity of active substances, patients require individual dosage which will be most effective and safe in each individual clinical case.
- Soma (Carisoprodol) is available in tablets for oral administration.
- The effective single dose for adults is 350 mg
- For children from 5 to 12 years, the dose should be calculated on the basis of circuit 6 mg per 1 kg of body weight.
- Take the medicine 4 times a day (every 6 hours)
- Generally the duration of treatment is 2-3 months
The pain in back and neck causes stress and spasms. The Soma medication relieve the pain completely, and allow the spasms to subside. Using Anti-inflammatory medicines for this problem looks useless. Strong pain killers are also effective, but do not allow to maintain any normal activity during use them.
- Use of Soma (Carisoprodol) may be contraindicated in cardiovascular system acute diseases and kidneyliver. Possibly, the daily dosage adjustment is necessary for this group of patients.
- In central nervous system diseases, taking the drug is contraindicated
- This drug is not recommended for children under 5 years old and women during pregnancy, as it may cause harm.
- If a woman needs to take pills Soma (Carisoprodol) while breastfeeding, it is recommended to transfer the child to artificial feeding.
- Since the drug causes drowsiness, in the first 1-2 weeks, you should stop driving, and visiting classes that require attention and concentration.
Soma Side Effects
With the dosage of 1400 mg per day, Soma (Carisoprodol) does not cause any serious side effects. Most common side effects are the following: drowsiness, mild headache, dizziness, feelings of euphoria, but all of these side effects disappear in 1 or 2 weeks of treatment.
The use of Soma (Carisoprodol) with other opioid analgesic series, may cause more severe adverse reactions in the central nervous system and digestive tract, it is necessary to adjust the daily dose of Soma (Carisoprodol) with other drugs.
You can get deep discounts without leaving your house when you buy discount Soma directly from online pharmacy. Buying discount Soma online can be simple and convenient. You can purchase quality prescription medications at a substantial savings through some of online pharmacies. You may need to have your prescription when you buy Soma from pharmacy. Some international pharmacies may also require proof of prescription from USA residents. But, some pharmacies have their own physicians who will issue a prescription for your medication.