Tramadol is potent pain reliever. It can be prescribed individually or as combination with other drugs. These drug have a powerful effect on your brain. It is highly effective pain reliever.
Tramadol prescriptions may only be refilled up to five times within a six month period after the date on which the prescription was written. After five refills or after six months, whichever occurs first, a new prescription is required.
Tramadol has two different actions in the body. It is an opioid analgesic, which means that it attaches to receptors in your brain to change your perception of pain. It also works like an antidepressant, prolonging the actions of norepinephrine and serotonin in the brain. Tramadol is available under several brand names, including Ultram.
Tramadol is a controlled drug, and prescriptions can be called to pharmacies, but many health systems are adopting more stringent guidelines on prescribing this drug.
Tramadol can affect your driving, since they make you drowsy. Do not drive or operate machinery while taking tramadol until you know how you react to it.
Tramadol commonly used to treat pain related to cancer or other chronic conditions. It may also be prescribed following an injury or surgical procedure. Tramadol is generally prescribed for moderate to severe pain.
Your body may start to develop a tolerance to opioids. This may require you to increase your dosage to achieve the same effect. You may experience symptoms of withdrawal when you stop taking them. You're more likely to develop a dependence on these drugs if you have a history of drug or alcohol abuse.
Brand names: Conzip, Ultram.
Also: Rybix and Ryzolt, but they no longer on the market. Generic alternatives are available.
Tramadol (Ultram) is prescribed for:
- treatment of the pain syndrome of average severity caused by the inflammatory, vascular or traumatic diseases.
- For pain relief during light surgeries and also painful clinic and laboratory diagnostics.
Tramadol Way of use and dosage:
- Tramadol (Ultram) is available in 50 mg tablets and also tablets of prolonged action of 100, 150, 200, 250 mg
- The schedule of the treatment and dosage regimen is indicated for each patient individually according to the general analyses and also the characteristics of the pain syndrome.
- For pain syndrome of middle severity patients are prescribed 50 mg every 6 hours.
- The tablets of the prolonged action containing 100 mg or 200 mg of the active component should be used once per 12 hours.
- The drug is allowed persons older than 14 years old.
- The maximally allowed daily dose of Tramadol (Ultram) is 400 mg.
- In exceptional cases the oncological patients are allowed using higher daily doses but only under the supervision of the doctor.
- The use of the tablets after meals will help to reduce the stomach upset and unpleasant side reactions of digestion organs.
- It is strictly forbidden to take Tramadol (Ultram) longer than it is indicated by your attending doctor. In case of the prolonged use of the drug the addiction may occur.
- It is contraindicated to use of the drug during pregnancy and in the period of the breast feeding because the active medical components may have bad influence on the development of the fetus/child.
- Children younger than 14 years old are forbidden to use this analgesic because of the high risk of the development of the physical addiction in the child age.
- It is not recommended to take the drug during epilepsy, central nervous system acute disorders, alcohol or narcotic poisoning, during central nervous system oppression, and increase of the intracranial pressure.
- The simultaneous use of Tramadol (Ultram) with other psychoactive medical products may cause the appearance of severe side effects.
If you take any medicines, it is necessary to find out about their medical interaction before the use Tramadol.
Support groups may be helpful for patients who take tramadol, who use medications for pain relief, who are in need of addiction support, and for many other needs. Joining one or more support groups is a great way to discover others with related medications and similar conditions, find out more information and share your own experience.
05/11/2016 There is a common misconception that drugs such Tramadol are somehow safer because of they can be prescribed by a doctor. Education about the dangers of drugs must become part of the curriculum and be discussed and debated openly in our schools, removing any false glamorization or mystique from the use of such substances.
Tramadol Side effects:
Tramadol (Ultram) should be used with special caution because the non-observance of the dosage regimen and prolonged use of the high doses of analgetic may cause the following side effects:
- deferred response
- stimulation of the central nervous system (nervousness, anxiety, tremor, spasms, hallucinations)
- sleep disorder
- stomach upset (diarrhea, vomiting, stomachache)
- sharp attacks of hypotension
If the side effects cause anxiety, it is necessary to see a doctor.
In some US states the use of tramadol still requires prescription. Though in some countries tramadol can be availed without prescription. They don't classify Tramadol as a controlled substance. In some countries, this substance is commonly used to treat pain and can be bought without a prescription. One of the largest generics and specialty pharmaceutical companies in the world Mylan, announced the launch of its generic of Ultram (tramadol hydrochloride) extended-release tablets in the United States. The drug is indicated to treat moderate to moderately sever chronic pain who require constant treatment for extended time periods. Tramadol is a strong opioid algesic, prescription drug that comes in 50 mg, 100 mg, 150 mg, 200 mg, 225 mg, 250 mg tablets. It is available on prescription only as tablets for oral use, but the online pharmacy, will sell Tramadol without prescription. You may be able to order Ultram from them online and save the local pharmacy markup.